85. Overcoming Low Blood Sugar Anxiety and Trusting Your Body with Nicole Trone
October 10, 2023
Today on the show, we have Decide and Conquer Group Coaching Program alum Nicole Trone. When I first met Nicole, she had extreme low blood sugar anxiety and could not build trust with her body's patterns. She has had one of the biggest mindset transformations I've ever seen from a Risley coaching program. In this episode, Nicole shares her chaotic diagnosis story and her journey to overcoming her debilitating anxiety.
- (10:11) Nicole’s experience going on an eight-month study abroad trip to Barcelona just three days after being diagnosed with T1D
- (17:28) The low that happened the night before she got engaged that caused her relationship with diabetes to severely decline
- (42:38) The diabetes approach that changed Nicole’s life and helped her regain trust in her body's patterns
- (46:20) Details on her experience training her diabetic alert dog
3 things to do now:
- Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
- Join us for our annual virtual National Diabetes Awareness Month event: Rising Above T1D. This is a live event for reclaiming your life with T1D that will bring thousands of people together from this global community. You don’t want to miss it. Register for FREE here.
- See if you’re eligible for an Omnipod trial, plus find full safety info and terms and conditions at www.omnipod.com/rise
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.